HelloFresh Checkout Teardown
Subscription boxes are all the rage right now. Even though this business model dates back from 2004 (The Sampler), it only really took off in the last couple of years.
Thanks to the boom of e-commerce and the evolution of digital marketing and advertising, anyone with enough ingenuity can start a subscription box service and build a prolific business.
Let’s look at how one of the leaders of this disruptive industry, HelloFresh took charge of the meal plan niche. Namely, how they optimized their checkout flow to leave no cart abandoned.
For the Win ?
- Unobtrusive, yet effective email capture form
- Compelling copy
- Irresistible product images
- Sneaky price framing to make the plans seem less expensive
- Single CTA all-around
- Social login
- A checkout progress bar that works as intended!
- Frictionless checkout process
- No ability to change the plan during the checkout
- No secure/trust marks
- Confusing coupons